The Hill County Democratic Party is governed by the Rules of the Texas Democratic Party. These are online as a pdf document at this page. TDP Rules
We believe that the Democratic Party, with its great diversity, its flexibility of organization, its historic adaptability to fruitful change, and its instinctive responsiveness to human needs and aspirations, can provide the leadership required in these challenging times. We further believe:
- That we must join together with a renewed faith in our country, in our state, and in our Party to provide our people with responsive, responsible government;
- That government functions best when it is closest to the people;
- That our government is and should be of laws and not of favoritism or of arbitrary caprice, and therefore we condemn any resolution of conflicts, save through legal processes;
- That the Texas Democratic Party stands for law and order, for total and unceasing war against crime, for strengthen- ing law enforcement agencies, and for justice under law;
- That all citizens, no matter what their religion or race or how humble or exalted their origin or station, have the duty to participate fully at every level of government and are en- titled to an equal voice and to equal treatment at its hands;
- That all Democrats are bound to defend, to protect, and to honor our nation, our state, and our Party, and that when they are right, it is our privilege to sustain them, but when they err, it is our duty to correct them; and
- That, as Democrats, we are proud and upright citizens of the United States, that we are determined not only to serve our country, but also to stand shoulder to shoulder with citizens of other states in providing meaningful, responsible, and constructive leadership for our great nation.
The Hill County Democratic Party will not give, share, or sell email addresses to third parties.
HCDP Policy on Endorsements
The Hill County Democratic Party Executive Committee will not make endorsements in Democratic Primaries or in non-partisan elections.
The Hill County Democratic Party (HCDP) is committed to protecting your personal privacy online. Following are our procedures and policies for collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
The HCDP website can only collect your personal information such as name, e-mail address, phone number, if you choose to provide it. Merely visiting the site and browsing our pages does not provide personal identifying information. Our servers do note your IP number, which indicates what Internet location you are using to connect to our site. This is very common; all websites collect IP information in order to improve server performance, track page usage, and protect from intrusion and abuse such as hacking. Your IP number is not connected to personal information such as name or phone number.
If we receive your email address or you request to join our e-mail newsletter, send us e-mail or messages through our site, or make a contribution, we will have access to the information you provide at that time. It may be made available to HCDP staff so that they can help respond to your request and send updates about news or events. If you join our e-mail newsletter, you will be provided in each email with information about how to unsubscribe and stop receiving e-mails.
It is the general policy of the HCDP not to make personal information available to anyone other than its employees or agents who need to know that information in the course of their duties. However, the HCDP is required to disclose information regarding its contributions to comply with campaign finance laws. For example, Federal law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation and name of employer of individuals whose contributions aggregate in excess of $200 in a calendar year.
This site does not ask for or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
While we make every attempt to insure that the third party sites to which we link contain accurate and timely information, we cannot be held responsible for content at other websites.